View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 12:04 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: 8 weight question

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiniwerfishin View Post
I'd get a TFO BVK, costs less and casts better IMO.
Have you fished both of these rods? They are rods of different intent really; the BVK which is lighter in weight might be the better fasts wading rod for redfish in that area while the XXT is the superior boat fishing rod with its larger diameter, thicker, stronger walls and geater reserve of low end power. They both share a penchant for prefering a line a 1/2 size heavier than rated. Both are made in Korea. I have not fished the Scott A4 in a #8 but Scott makes fine rods in Colorado, I like their more expensive S4s a lot. You might also check out Rise Fishing's Level Series. I fish their #7 and it is a very nice rod as is Rajeff Sports ECHO3 which I have fished in a 9-weight.

Silver Creek, Is there much difference getween the Borger/Targus rod and the also gone EXS?