View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 11:33 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Fly casting certification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
Well it was a bit off topic but, Ard did say he was a guide, so.....

Since I have never charged anyone to teach them to cast, It seems like overkill for me to go the extraordinary trouble and cost it would take to become certified.
Everyone’s story is different and I'm sure if I had no opportunity to teach what I know about casting I wouldn't bother to pay to get certified either.
That said, I know quite a few non-certified people who teach casting. Of all of them only a couple could and should become certified (and it looks like they will be testing next year) The others may think they're teaching okay but they might just fall into the class of people who don't know they don't know how to cast or teach.
I'm just saying if the certification is something you can use because you enjoy casting and teaching and you have the opportunities available to teach casting you should at least consider it. If nothing else it lends credibility to your ability not only to cast but to teach.
There's a reason it's not simply called a certified caster certificate.