View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Muskie on the Fly

It's as easy as it sounds. Just twist the nylon coated steel for about an inch or inch and a half. Melt the nylon coating. Done. This is the old Larry Dahlberg way to do his fly attachment to the steel. I have used this knot for a really long time and as you may have seen in some of my photos, I get big Pike here. I used to fish Musky a lot when I lived near Lake Vermillion. There are big Musky in there. I have never had one of these knots come undone yet.

By the way Ted, where are you at in Minnesota? You make it up to Lake of the Woods ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseman1 View Post
Thanks everyone. The local fly shop has been trying to sell me on a 12w for these guys saying my clearwater reel isn't big enough.
Don't listen to your fly shop. If you have a 10 wt. rod that's all you need. Just get a reel that is proper for the rod (10 wt.)but make sure you have a good smooth drag. Low startup pull. No jerky drag. I'm betting they have a 12 wt. reel they just can't move and think you are the way out of having it setting there. Now if you want to start fishing for them with a spey rod, then you may want to go get that 12 wt. reel. Just for the weight, not because you need it for the fish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delopez View Post
When are you going to make this video, Dan!?
I'm going to try and do it this week. I have a lot of requests for it so I guess I had better do it.

Last edited by Guest1; 11-27-2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: add something