View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 06:18 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of
Default Re: Catch and Release HELP

You arent gonna like part of what I have to say, but I'll say it anyway.
All the places that I know of that are non-harvest through the winter then open harvest in the spring do so for a reason, the fish will not have a good chance of liveing through the hotter months anyway. Before you get to worked up check with you F&GC and see if this is the case if so there is nothing to worry about anyway. Second when the state stocks places, at least most states they do so as a PUT & TAKE fishery to start with. I am for C & R in almost every situation but I also belive folks have a right to harvest some fish to eat, if doing so will not hurt the fishery. Now some folks will tell keeping any fish will hurt the fishery do not belive this hype.
Now if the fish you are worried about will make it through the hotter season and it is worth doing, then contact or start a TU chapter in your area, talk to folks about not keeping fish, just becarfull how you approch them and what you say. You will have more luck just saying soemhting like" you know, if you turn that brown trout back he'll be bigger and funner the next time you catch him", if you just start ranting about putting that fish back becuase only an ******* would kill a fish you may get yourself into trouble.
In my home waters I see folks keeping fish every time I fish all year long, and I never have a problem finding a fish to catch and yes eat if I feel like fresh fish for dinner
Bear