View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 11:05 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: First spey...Need help

Hi Chase,

Welcome home, looking at your pictures you are a candidate for a 13 - 15 foot rod in the 8/9 weight range I believe. Why so heavy? Big heavy lines will cary the load better than a 6/7 or lighter. I also believe that you may benefit in learning to cast with a medium length head / belly line like a 55 - 65 foot for the learning. These lines are not the fast track to Spey casting but short casts are easy and as you learn to reach out, the long belly will be much appreciated when mending line for better control of sink rate etc.

Before I open my mouth again just to change feet I will wait for some others to join in. You will most likely end up on the phone with one of us trying to help you sort things out.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;