View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 06:25 AM

moucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any thoughts on the new LL Bean 'Pocket Water' reel

In the Q&A section of LL Bean's Pocket Water Reel page, they answered a question about the reel specs:

With the WF5F line, the reel holds 50 yards of 20 pound backing. The Pocket Water Reel weighs 3.85 ounces and has a diameter of 2 7/8 iches.
I don't have one myself, but on the Bean website the reel has an average rating of 4.9/5 after 7 customer reviews, so others seem to like it. The only negative comment was from one customer who said, "The click is a bit loud and took a little getting used to but I'm fine with it now."

Product website: Pocket Water Fly Reel: L.L. Bean Reels | Free Shipping at L.L.Bean

For what it's worth, to my eye the Pocket Water looks a lot more elegant and refined than the Cortland Retro. If the Hardy Lightweight is the aesthetic ideal for this style of reel (and I think it is), the Pocket Water hits the mark while the clumsy proportions of the porting on the Retro miss it.