View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Catch and Release HELP

Dot,

I feel your pain! I grew up in Pennsylvania and there were plenty of fish hogs there too. Your only and best chance is to find a stream that is not stocked and hopefully one where you don't notice much activity of the human type. No matter where you live there is a hidden gem there.

If and when you find your spot guard it carefully. I used to fish a brook that I was so careful of hiding my presence that I would never park where my truck could be seen from the main road.

Here in AK. I have a spot where I always wear Camouflage and actually hide if any people come walking on the trail. It is small and the general opinion is that it is too small to fish and has only small fish. It flows into the ocean and every spring I catch many large steelhead trout there. I use a very strong 6' 3" custom built 5wt. and a dark grey line so no one will even notice the line flying through the air. So far my best was a 26" fish.

There is a place for you believe me, you just have to take a walk along every piece of water that might harbor a trout. Usually the closer to town the better. Serious fish hogs usually don't look right in their back yards. They go to the places that the guy who sells them their bait, bobbers & stringers tells them is the hot spot.

Good luck & never quit looking for your nitch,

Ard