View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 05:58 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan
Thumbs up Re: Steelhead Flies: Kilowatt

DL,
When I get home from work I'll see if I have a pic, if not I'll take one and send it on to you. The pattern I described is a very easy quick tie and can be tied in brown and olive as well. I tied my first version using fibers from a black hen saddle patch, but switched over to the hair. The body is simply a dubbed body wrapped with a taper so that the body is rather robust right behind the bead. I think it's a visual thing with the steelies, it looks like a small stone and they grab it to give it a taste...lol...Are you planning on fishing Elk or Walnut? If you are going to the Elk; stop at Folly's End Campground, they have a nice fly shop there and Jim and Clyde know the stream and what is going on very well.

Dan