Thread: what rod to get
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 10:23 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what rod to get

I love my light rods, but I'm guessing your 5wt can do what you need. However, if you want to get a new rod, well nothing wrong with that There is something fun about fishing for small fish on light tackle.

Earlier today Diver_Dan started a thread about the deals Albright Fly Fishing is running, granted they always run deals, but the price of their GPX fly rod is hard to beat at $80. They have a 7'6" 3/4 wt. I have two of their Topwater rods (a step down from the GPX and they don't carry them anymore). They are my back-up / loaner rods, but I enjoy fishing them.