View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 08:13 AM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Too much attention to distance?

At the end of the day, I kinda look at it like I do hunting. Shooting-wise, I'm a lefty, and have been deer hunting with a right-handed rifle all my life. For so long, in fact, that if I were blindfolded and you handed me a series of rifles, I'd know which on it was just by feel alone.

My point is this, although it is different in casting, I see it as having to make the one shot count. As I teach my son, it is better to be accurate up close and learn control then move out in distance and maintain that control. You could use that analogy in almost anything: golf, baseball (pitching), whatever.

Give me accuracy over distance any day. I can throw a pretty good piece with a spinning outfit. How far? Don't know, but I can put it where I want it most of the time and, to me, that's what counts.

Jus sayin'....