View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 08:39 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Linecurve Stripping Basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by fichy View Post
If I'm going to get hit with surf and fill the basket, I loosen the waist belt and add one over the shoulder to hold it up. I tilt the basket to empty water. It hasn't been a problem. I don't drill drain holes, as I found it works better if I let it float up if I wade deep. I also like to keep some water in it, as it helps the line shoot. I hope someone can give you a real review of the product you asked about, I'm sorry to semi-hijack your thread.
No holes in my basket either.
I once had the sandbar I was standing on in heavy current wash away right from under my feet.
I used my basket as a float to "swim' back to shore.

I fish regularly in the surf and when faced with an especially large wave, I tip my basket up to deflect it. When you get hit by the surf in the crotch area enough times you'll appreciate the extra protection

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

My basket

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.