View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 12:13 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To tie or not to tie?

If you are thinking about tying, go to youtube. Search for 'tying' and whatever pattern(s) of fly you use. Check a fishing report for your stream and search for folks tying those patterns. For me, watching people create the flies I fished with was facinating and my desire to learn to tie grew quickly. I quickly realized that all I needed was a recipe for a fly and the materials and I knew I could figure out how to tie it. If you watch those and don't really care, perhaps it's best to just buy flies and fish. That is the right answer for a lot of folks and there's nothing wrong with it. For me it's another part of the whole experience and I couldn't imagine not tying.