View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 01:47 PM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of
Default Re: To tie or not to tie?

I am with flytire on enrolling in a class to learn how to tie. When I started this thing, a long time ago, I taught myself how to tie before I even cast my first bug...My learning curve would have been vastly increased had I done that.

That being said, I would suggest starting with Midges because that is primarily what will been coming of in your area for the next several months...the simpler the better...hook, thread, wire and bead or some other ribbing material ( and the wifey can be eased into your NEW hobby without watching the bank account melt)...

Ck. out Pat Dorsey's site or Charlie Craven site...there are some great tiers in your neck of the woods:

Fly Fishing Colorado | Colorado Fly Fishing Guide Service | Sage Fly Fishing Schools

Charlie's FlyBox - Colorado's Best FlyShop and online Fly Tying Tutorials

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/

Last edited by planettrout; 12-03-2012 at 02:21 PM.