View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 10:28 PM

onlymidges will become famous soon enoughonlymidges will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Catch and Release HELP

Dot I know what you mean. It kills me too that all the rivers here in NC are not catch and release. See someone with fish on a striger kills me. If people want to eat fish they need to go to the store and buy some fish to eat.

I have talk to the Fish and Wildlife guy for this area about getting more delayed harvest and catch & release waters. The main problem is land owners. The land owners think that the government is taking their land to do this. If the land owners would think about it they would understand that the government is not taking their land but it is making better fisheries for themselfs and others.

I have went back to college to get my degree in Fish & Wildlife Management. I am going to try to help get more sections of waters turned to DH and C&R. I have also talked to some land owners about this problem and they have told me they would think about it.

It is not in writting but aleast they are thinking about it.

Jr

"Catch and Release"