Thread: Ice/cold
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 04:23 PM

nickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of light
Default Ice/cold

I think my little local creek is about done until the next warm spell. I planned lunch there today, between business calls, knew it was going to be a challenge. I figured the only place I'd find fish would be in one of a couple of pools, so headed upstream to the most likely one. This one is about 4 ft at it's deepest, gets good sun. That said, the bottom of the pool was iced over and the surface water temp was 32.9- yep, my wife bought me one of those neat digital temp gauges for my birthday. All that said- there were two fish visibly rising. Caught the first one on an RS2 pretty quickly, laid the line out over the ice.. Tried for the second...my line started sinking, and it got really heavy. And straight.. Everything was freezing up, and my little 3 weight Superfine wasn't up to all that extra weight. So, it looks like Deckers is in my future for a while.