Thread: Fly rigging?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 10:41 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fly rigging?

One 'problem' I've had with the traditional droppers is the flies wrapping around the following leader. Only way I've come up with to defeat this is by scaling down the 'test' of each follow up bit. The way I do most of mine is to tie on the first fly (the largest/heaviest first and smaller/lighter as you go down the rig) and then tie the following one(s) off the eye of the upper hook. This makes the first/second hooks hang down like the letter "J."

Fish wants the fly there's no leader in the way as you'd have tyeing off from the bend of the hook.