Thread: New 4wt outfit?
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: New 4wt outfit?

My favorite rod is a 4wt, and its a Sage VPS Light. Its a different action than the VPS, and is a good bit slower, probably just a straight "medium" action. They, like the VPS, have been discontinued, so you should be able to find some good deals on them out there. I think the bargain cave section fo the cabelas website even had some last I checked. I like slower rods for trout fishing because they work a bit better for trick casts, roll casts and mending.

Other good options would be the ECHO classic, the TFO pro or TiCR, and you might ask Steve about the Beulah 4wt he sells. (Think he's cast one, I haven't) The Buelah rods are built with titanium guides and come with two tips. I think my next rod will be their 6 or 7 wt.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.