View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 11:46 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tarpon fly swap anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassonfly View Post
not to bash this forum in anyway but the flytyingforum is much better at warm water and saltwater. they have great swap participation too.
The flytyingforum definitely has more swaps than we do. To go along with that they have more problems as clearly stated all over their site! For the past 8 months it's been so bad that they have made a list of banned swappers , are following all posts made by the swapmeister in private as well as setting guidelines far more stringent then ours to try and control these problems. You can't host a swap with them unless you have participated in a minimum of 3 swaps and you must supply phone number , address etc to the administration so they can attempt to curtail the problems they are having ! That's what happens when you try to run to many things at one time with no controls. I believe what our forum is doing now taking one swap at a time and and setting guidelines for when each swap shall start and end is a step in the right direction! I also believe splitting up the swapmeister duties between several qualified people(as set forth in the swap guidelines ) is also a positive step. There will always be some problems wherever you go it's how they are handled that determines the outcome of all swaps!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser