View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 01:23 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Reel Love, the fly reel Picture Thread;

I guess I've waited long enough, I'm hoping that by spring it seems like one of my reels. I ran into a problem a while back; never having felt that my Hardy Spey rod was loading correctly I contacted the people at Carron Lines in Scotland. The rod is a 1981 13' 9" graphite so this was a problem requiring some expertise and that of people who would be familiar with a rod of this make & vintage. Carron took some time to find a "older gentleman" who was "quite familiar with the older Hardy rods", they then prescribed a Carron Jetstream 10/11 weight with a 65' belly. The total length of the line is 130'.

When I tried to replace the 770 grain Partridge Ian Gordon 150' long belly on my Cascapedia 8/9 the problem surfaced. The Big Fat jetstream would not fit on my reel So, what are ya gonna do, I needed a reel and I wanted a Hardy reel.

So;
Click the image to open in full size.

No doubt this reel will work but it's light, at 8.6 ounces it is considerably light compared to the 12.5 ounce Cascapedia. It is also my first S. Korean reel so there's that to deal with mentally.............

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;