View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Loading a canoe..............

Sounds like the bugs are worse up your way than they are down here. I may be singing a different tune soon, as I'm in the process of moving into a house that has a pond 50 yards away. But overall, we have had a very windy spring, and that has probably helped the bug issue.

Bugs don't normally bother me that much, although I can think of one exception. I have a buddy who's dad farms some land adjacent to a salt marsh near Corpus Christi, TX. The marsh has some tidal lakes that fill up with bait and gamefish when the tide is right, but the mosquitos are super thick if its calm enough to cast a fly rod. If its too windy for that, they're still thick. Its nasty muddy wading, and there's lots of mosquitos involved, but when you drive up to those lakes and see 12 spotted tails out there in 9" of water, it'll take more than mud and bugs to keep me away.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.