View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 02:31 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Severe electrical event

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
Lightening strikes to the house are always bad news, had a strike at our house late one night. Fortunately I went upstairs and checked on everything, as one phone was sitting on the wood floor, was on fire and had already started to char the floor.

Dave
Wow! Lightning sure does hate phones doesn't it. I have not had a single strike that didn't kill the phone. I have had a couple die when it's really cold up here to. It takes pretty much all the moisture out of the air, I have carpet and I'm a pacer. Bad combo. I had a spark whack me in the lip and kill the Mic. Had one hit me in the ear and kill the ear piece. Actually had that happen twice. I started spraying woolite and water on the carpet when it gets really cold and it stops the static.

stl_geoff, I may take you up on that. I'm pretty sick of the lightening thing. Even if I do I'm still putting up a lightening rod. I must be setting on some sort of mineral ridge or some dang thing. I have the highest tree in the area so you think that stinking thing would help me some buuuut noooooo! Worthless tree.

My insurance guy had lightening hit in his yard when he was a kid, shoot a basketball sized ball lightening through the house and make their radio a one channel reciever. That was kind of cool..