View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 10:34 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Louisiana Redfish and Specled Trout

My usual saltwater line for the Gulf Coast waters (of Florida) I fish is a clear intermediate sink tip. Keeps the fly in the strike zone when stripping, and gets it down where you need it when working it slow. The 6wts are enough for the specs as long as you don't stick into something bigger. I've landed good reds on an 8wt but when working dual purpose or aiming for bigger fish, I don't mind packing the 10wt. I'd probably use a 9 if I had it, but the 10wt Allen Xa is light enough that I don't mind throwing it all day or even landing smaller with it. It will likely be seeing action here in a few weeks once I get back to Florida.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...