Thread: Fly Line Chart
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 08:33 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Fly Line Chart

This is why fly fishing is oft said to embody both art and science. It is such an intelligent question; how to compare lines as apples to apples, and is so hard to answer. For my style of dry fly fishing I have repeated many times my preference for long head, extended rear taper floating lines. However, if you cast the prime examples from each maker: SA's Expert Distance and Textured Trout Stalker, RIO's Gold, Cortland Boss and Airflo Rangfinder, they FEEL nothing alike! Therefore, even with research, trial and error comparative analysis is the only true way to determine an optimal match. Then there is the issue of HOW to compare them without actually going out and buying them all...