View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: You live in Florida and your pet snane get too big, now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
1. Regarding the snake hunt: "For God's sake man, do something even if it's wrong".
I'm sticking with that one, and I hope you guys know that it is not my intention to be disagreeable on issues but............

By the time the United States began sending fighting men to Europe the armies of Adolf Hitler occupied almost all of Europe proper excepting the United Kingdom. It took years and the cost in life was incredible but things were turned around. Incidentally my Father was landed on the beach of Normandy France in June 1944 and his unit had advanced themselves by December of 44' to be caught up in what was to become known as The Battle of The Bulge. He was one of the few members of his company to survive when they were overrun by a fast moving force which came without warning. Because of his life experiences I was raised with the "For God's sake man, do something even if it's wrong" attitude when faced with an imminent threat.

I realize that trying to eradicate this invasive will be a long and hard fight and would suggest a Bounty be placed on the target species so that the novelty of a round up will not wear off.

It could be said that I am an environmentalist and I understand the possible consequences of hundreds or thousands of unskilled people venturing into the Florida bush hunting for Pythons. However I have to subscribe to the thinking that every one that is destroyed is one less that will breed and who will continue to destroy native species.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;