View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 10:08 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why does my line fall all squiggly?

If you post a video I'm sure one of the folks on here can give some insights (I'm not good enough to offer such advice).

Moving beyond your original question, I'd encourage you to get with a casting instructor of some sort, it doesn't cost much. I think the LL Bean in Pittsburgh offers courses and I'm sure local fly shops have something as well. My first Spring fly fishing I went to one of the free Orvis fly fishing 101 classes. The time with the instructor wasn't long. He tweaked a few things rather quickly and I saw dramatic improvement. If you head out with a guide you can say you want to learn: help with casting, reading the water, fly selection, etc. I've found guides seem to enjoy sharing knowledge rather than just getting people to catch a bunch of fish. I've learned a lot that way. My $.02