View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 12:17 AM

ezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: TFO Signature Series rods????

i've only test wiggled the signature series TFO rods in the 3/4/5 weight sizes and they appeared more of a medium action. for 8wt size fishing i imagine you'd need a medium/fast or fast action rod. i've fished 7 and 8 wt rods, some like the winston vapor were too "weak" for winds and bigger flies. i'm not saying the TFO signature series rod design doesn't change rod design qualities as you go into the bigger line weight size (it might) but i would highly suggest test casting one first if you can. now "i want to catch fish" says it works for him but you don't know if it'll work for you. to be objective, you should ask about experience and what other rods people have fished in comparison. you seem too quick to jump on this recommendation. i'm just trying to be objective here so i mean no disrespect to "i want to catch fish".

if cost is a factor (it's always been to me but even more so these days) you might check out and read up on the albright offerings too. they are offering good deals through their web site. Home page

i've fished TFO professional rods in the 5wt size (i think a better lineup than the signatures for the 8wt style fishing i do but still there are better options) and the TFO TiCR-X which was GREAT for big clousers and stripers from a tube with fast sinking lines. if cost is not that big a factor look into the TiCR-X rods.

in the end, though i have fished for bass (freshwater), i have zero experience with pike and inshore coastal fishing. good luck.

eric
fresno, ca.