View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 10:40 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why does my line fall all squiggly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
Silver is right on about this, but your number 2 reason there may be the reason your cast is going all squiggly. If you don't have a good stop in your forward cast, energy may not be fully transferred into your line, thus not carrying it all the way out (and making it all squiggly). Not very well described by me there, but that sounds like a possible cause.

Keep at it! And remember to keep having fun
+1 here. Assuming the proper line on the rod this is a 90% probability, or to re-state that 'Gravity Works.' You see this all the time with New 2hander casters. What I tell the folks is a firm stop with your rod tip aimed OVER the tallest tree you can see (that will be at that 10' oclock thing