View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 12:42 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Old Fly Fishing Magazines

Hey Mike,

Good to hear from ya, the first outdoor magazines I ever saw were Field & Stream - Outdoor Life. That was the mid sixties, by 1978 I started a subscription to Gray's Sporting Journal. The writing in Gray's was memorably better and the articles were more substantial. I used to raise Pointers for upland bird hunting and hunted Wild Turkey and White Tail, even a few ducks now and then. Gray's, along with occasional articles on fly fishing the journal had some of everything. I have to say "memorably better" was a good choice of wording earlier. I kept them coming until the late 90's.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;