View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 11:15 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default First tenkara flies

For Christmas I just ordered myself a Tenkara rod. I've talked to people who are using them on some front range creeks and I'm curious to try it myself. I think it will be perfect to carry along with me when I go for a hike with my daughter on my back. Additionally, I just got my new vise in the mail today! A Renzetti Traveler. I was eager to give it a try so I sat down and tried my hand at Tenkara style forward hackle flies. Here are three, I welcome comments and pointers folks might have.

All three are tied with black 8/0 uni thread on scud hooks. The larger two are #6 (big I know) and the smaller is a #12. All have peacock herl behind the hackle.

with small gold wire ribbing and ringneck pheasant hackle
Click the image to open in full size.

a white feather from a ringneck pheasant for the hackle

this one has a pheasant tail abdomen and Hungarian partridge hackle

Thanks for looking!