View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 01:03 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why does my line fall all squiggly?

x2 for having an in-the-flesh instructor. In my own experience, books and videos were helpful, it helped more when an instructor gave me advice and corrections. What really made the difference was when he stood right next to me to keep my arm from moving too far from my body, put his hand up to stop me from going too far back, and then suddenly stepped in front of me to halt my forward cast. This gave me a physical sense of what a better casting stroke felt like. I was able to feel it and remember that motion rather than trying to imagine how the words would translate into a casting motion that I couldn't see.

It was a big help though I know I still have more to learn.