View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 05:32 AM

pszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: First tenkara flies

Those are some great looking flies. I can pretty much guarantee you will catch fish with them. The #6 are a little bit on the large size, I think you'll find you have the best luck using 12 - 14s.

If you are fishing moving waters, a couple of considerations -

Choose your hackles depending on the type of water you'll be fishing, stiffer hackles for faster currents.

The best advice I can give you is to vary your presentation, if you aren't catching fish using a dead drift, animate your presentation. Swing your fly, twitch it, skate it .... If you aren't catching fish, don't change your fly, change your presentation. Flies like the ones you tied are fairly nondescript, purposely so. They look a little bit like alot of different things. So rather than rely on your fly to look exactly like this or that, you want it to behave exactly like this of that. (hope that makes sense).

Have fun!

Tenkara Fly Fishing

Tenkara Fly Fishing Forum

Tenkara Fly Fishing Blog

"People tend to get the politicians and the fishing tackle they deserve" - John Gierach, Fishing Bamboo