View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 12:00 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of
Default Re: Vancouver Island as a first timer?

It's been a while since I was there. Here are a couple of links that might help if you haven't found them.

BC Sport Fishing - North Vancouver Island: Port Hardy, British Columbia, Canada
Vancouver Island | Tourism BC - Official Site

I was there late summer and the rivers were low and warm. I did not fish them due to the conditions. I did fish sea run cuttys and pinks in bays and river mouths and I fished some lakes for nice bows.

Don't forget the stillwater fishing on the Island. I would imagine that in fall they would really turn on for a guy with a toon or float tube.

For accommodations, my wife and I did the B&B thing and had good luck. Probably not what you and your pal are looking for.

In Cambell River these guys were really good to us:
River Sportsman Outdoor Store, Campbell River fishing, hunting, camping

I'd contact fly shops and guides to talk with them about the strength of anadromous returns in the rivers. I recall that their runs were down when we were there. Google is your friend.

Good luck! I loved the island and will go back in a while. Don't miss the west and north parts. :-)

-Mike