View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 05:29 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Picric & Sunburst for steelhead

Coming along Hugh,

I really should try to break into the 21'st century with my tying. I tie everything with either 6/0 or 8/0 threads that I got from my old Orvis shop at Slate Run back in the early 90's. Back then I tied with heavy thread mono cords and 6/0 - 8/0 seemed really thin. When you see me post something with a translucent head, that means I finished with silk threads. My silks are so old they don't have a size on the spool, they just say 'silk'.

Sometimes I end up with a pretty big tie off at the heads but I've gotten used to it. I use very few turns when I tie streamers but they are tight and I glue each step with lacquer as I go. I may look for some of these tiny threads.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;