Thread: Arkansas River
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 10:04 AM

jhardin80 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Arkansas River

Well I made it down to the Arkansas this Saturday. Turned out to be a beautiful day! We parked in the second parking lot on the Nature Center side this time and walked upstream a little ways. I found a nice pool right behind some riffles, I put on a dry and then a copper john (I think) Cast a bit into the pool with nothing. I kept seeing this one fish upstream a little ways coming to the top so I thought I would move up there and cast to him. As I walked upstream a little ways I left my line in the pool to just sit there until I could get upstream the 15 feet or so. As i was about the cast to the new fish I felt a tug on my line, low and behold I had a fish on from the pool.

I landed him easily as you can see in the pic. So I cast a few more times into the pool and about 3 casts in, I had another fish on! At this point I had too much slack so I held the line while trying to reel some in so I wouldn't trip myself and as I was about the let some line out for the fish to run a little he pulled hard and broke my fly off my line. Here is a pic of the only fish I caught that day but still had a great time!!!

Click the image to open in full size.