View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Reel Should I Ask Ms. Santa to bring me with a Shiny New Sage One Rod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
Not true. That depends on very many things like your budget, what you plan to use it for, if it is an investment, do you plan on dieing with the most money and more.
I've paid more and less than $100.00 for a reel.
Ask me if I'm happy.
Oh so very very true. I recently paid $500 for a reel and felt like a bandit when I did it. It's going on my 17' 11 wt. and there is NO reel for under a $100 that will work. Then there are things to consider like the drag, durability, weight and more. There are times when maybe a cheap reel withh get you by, but most of the time to be safe for that you had better be casting at imaginary fish in the grass. Not to say every cheap reel is a waste of money, but there are a bunch of them that are just a place holder till you NEED to replace it.