Thread: Arkansas River
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 03:12 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arkansas River

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhardin80 View Post
I agree with ya on that!!!!

The funny thing was, there was a lot of fish coming to the top to feed, even jumping completely out of the water. I tried like crazy to get some of the top feeders to bite but not a single one. Oh well, still a great time.
OK, sounds good. I agree with Nick on trying emergers next time. I like to use something I can see, say a parachute adams with an emerger tied off the bend of the hook, that way you can see your fly. Another pattern to try would be a Griffiths Gnate pattern to imitate a midge cluster.
Here is what the RS-2 pattern looks like, it is a killer pattern especially this time of year.
Charlie's FlyBox - Colorado's Best FlyShop and online Fly Tying Tutorials

Larry