Thread: Bleeders...
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 05:47 AM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Bleeders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke 'Em View Post
Exactly. The second time I caught him, he was about 25 yards downstream of the first place I caught him.
You know what he was thinking after the second was "Man this neighborhood is going down hill, a man cant even eat something without these large weird looking creatures putting their hands all over me" haha

---------- Post added at 04:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutwhisperer View Post
I dunno Dan. I read about a doctor who said that if it was true than they should be using it on people. It would be cool if it could save fish though.

Here is the article Chug a Coke, Save a Bleeding Fish. | Fly Fishing | Gink and Gasoline | How to Fly Fish | Trout Fishing | Fly Tying | Fly Fishing Blog
I doubt that is true. There is nothing in a coke that will cause the bleeding to stop, it may not hurt them, though it may make them fat and start eating more fast food, but nothing chemically that I can see would cause the fish to stop bleeding. Though I am no scientist of course.

For me I hate when I gill a fish, especially because I am 100% C&R and I only fish for the pleasure of being away from other humans haha, so I hate hurting the fish to that extreme.
If they are bleeding out fast I typically try to keep them in the water, thinking that may help them a bit, but of course there is no way to be sure. In the end I think it just depends on the fish and the injury.