Thread: Koolaid dying
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 11:18 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Koolaid dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
Now that I've had some time to stew on this, I ordered some materials a while back and it had a somewhat "fruit like smell" to it when I opened the packaging. As I put more thought to it, the color was blue and I can't remember if it was Schlappen, Artic Fox or Finn Raccoon. Raspberry Reaction sounds like a name to describe the smell.

I know tiers have used Kool Aid for years as a dying method. For those that have- have you noticed any difference either positive or negative to materials picking up an odor? I know there are certain foods such as bananas that people tend to steer away from while on the stream.
Not to worry about 'smell,' will wash off in seconds. And 'Bananas' are a good thing. Well at least Banana oil (and Anise). Way back in the day, pre-commercial scents, these were the two top choices for gooping up the yarn on your drift rig hook.

fae