View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 07:25 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does blue excite the trout?

Killer pattern on the E Tribs too. Blue is the first and last color egg I'll tie on when I am fishing sun up to sun down. Then I'll switch to whatever the water clarity/flow warrants.

One of my more memorable days in Erie...

Mid January, snow on the ground and certainly below freezing. Fished all day long without a single tug on my line, nobody around us was catching fish. I was working over a pod of fish that wouldn't take anything. Low and behold, the last hour or so of daylight, I was fishing a tandem egg combo of chartreuse and blue. Every other cast produced a strike. That day, I landed one of the largest steelies I've ever caught.