View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 02:05 PM

newby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Decisions, Decisions

Hmmm, I'm in a bit of a conundrum. With Cabela's putting the CT on sale I had them do a store to store transfer on a 7'6" 3wt. I have to pick it up by Friday or it goes off of hold.

$75 dollars was hard to pass up but it appears I will actually have more money than I thought I was going to have. Enough that I could buy a used Winston BIIt. And now I am wondering if I should wait for the Winston, which I adore, or if I should go with the classic trout which would be a lot cheaper. I haven't cast a classic trout in so long that I can't really compare the two, though I know the Winston has much higher build quality and is probably a better rod.

Any suggestions? I am leaning towards waiting and getting the Winston, which from all the rods I have cast that I can remember if my favorite, a truly sweet stick.

I need some advice to push me one way or the other.