View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 02:36 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommendation for a Sling Pack?

Other than the options mentioned which certainly will get the job done, Patagonia has a fishing pack that has gotten some favorable reviews, the Atom Stealth.

Patagonia Stealth Atom Sling

Some of our board members have provided reviews:

Patagonia Stealth Atom Sling

They also make a non fishing specific pack as well. Patagonia's warranty is top notch, though they are pricy.

Patagonia Atom Bag

I recently picked up a Fishpond Westwater Sling and I've been pretty pleased with it so far. I wanted something water resistant for Steelhead fishing and fishing in general in the rain. The ONLY downside to this pack is that it doesn't have any bottle holders, were as the Patagonia Atom Stealth does. There is certainly plenty of room inside the pack for it though. It's one large pocket, with 2 smaller pockets on the inside. It's large enough to fit a jacket, thermos, water bottle and few fly boxes into.

fishpond - WESTWATER SLING

Alternatively, there is another option. You could opt for the waist pack that has a shoulder strap to it, this way you get the best of both worlds. The sling certainly keeps the pack away from interfering with casting. The more I fish with it, the more I like it.