View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 02:41 PM

jastrout is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Decisions, Decisions

First question which model BIIT ? If it is the 8' 4 wght run to get it or better yet PM ed me with address and I will get as it is a great rod possibly a classic four piece version of true classic TMF . Actually every Winston BIIT rods are superior to the CT'S . Having said that I just got the 8'6"5 wght CT from Cabelas this morning. Why? Had gift certificate and I wanted back up four piece in this size. My thoughts upon viewing it and wiggle : Cork pretty darn good very little filler,'reel seat not a Lemke custom seat and has stamped made in China, the guides are dead on.Feels nice wiggling it w/o a reel on it. Overall appears as nice as many mid level rods. Foreign made. Again it is crazy to compare to costly Sage , Winston etc So it comes down to this in my opinion; you can catch fish with either and if it was me.Buy the Winston BIIT, then if you need a rod in an empty hole in your quiver get it with Renington CT. I have passed up a great deal or two and you do not get often a second chance.