View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 05:41 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default A spanking new 596 XP

Some of you have been helping to guide my decisions, from assuring me that the XP is all it's cracked up to be to component choices and where to find them. Thanks.

The blank arrived in the mail on Tuesday, a real beauty of a 2 piece. I like the deep deep green, almost black.

Today I finally decided on the main components and made the order ... I found a good deal at Dan Craft on a discontinued REC reel seat that is just about exactly what I wanted. Uplocking, recessed front hood, machined rear hood (not fitted), and knurled twin lock rings. Just under $40 with a stabilized composite wood spacer, fine by me!

While he had me on the phone and for the $6.00 shipping I figured I better add a set of guides for no additional shipping. And DC has the best price on Recoils I could find, so I got a set of heavy wire, double-foot snakes. But not the stripper.

Next up, cork rings and I should be ready to wrap and roll!