View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 08:47 AM

pete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura about
Default Best/Cheap rod you have

Trying to compliment a post about worst dog rods we all seemed to have fun with.

What is the best under $100 fly rod you own & use?

Rules:

1. Must retail under $100 2012 dollars, be fair and allow downard for inflation for past decades as in the 60's $100 would have bought top of the line.

2. Do not include "deals", rods bought well below retail on sale or other are not to be included.

3. It is one you have to use at a least a couple of times each year.

4. Pics of course are desired.

I'll start, mine's a TFO Signature I 9' 5wt 2pc. These retailed right at $100 and I got mine on sale for $69. It instantly became a favorite. IMHO it really performs better as a 6wt so it is most often plied with a 6wt Bass Bug.

It will throw a pretty bug but lay a line with decent finese for it's price point. Wife, 'ate' the tip with the vaccumm last week so I boxed up and shipped to TFO (their warranty rules!) for repair. I hope the rod that comes back is mirror in performance.

Here's an action pick with reel that is worth more that the rod but I love the rod so in my view it compliments the reel.

Pete A.

Click the image to open in full size.