View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 10:53 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default A Rod for my Wife

Here are some pictures of a rod I made for my wife for her birthday this month. She's never fly fished and has occasionally expressed some interest, but feels bad for the fish. I have no illusions of her really getting into it, but it's something I really love doing and thought she might be interested in experiencing what I enjoy so much. Whenever we go for a hike in my favorite fishing spots, she feels relaxed and I think she'd love being in the water. Water is what she misses most from the Midwest.

It's an 8'6" blank from Ye Olde English Fly Shop rated as a 4/5wt. The blank, wraps, and case are blue, her favorite color. As she's a Duke grad I used white for the trim wraps and the decal (from Charlie at Golden Touch Decals). Snake brand guides and tip-top and the stripping guide comes from a flea market in the small town in Northern Wisconsin, where her parent's have a cabin. The grip is blond burl cork with rubberized cork ends and the reel seat is an A-5 from Dave Winslow with a redwood insert. Reel is from the Angler's Roost and the line is an Orvis Clearwater 4wt.

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks for looking! Comments/feedback welcome.