View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 07:17 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ever had a really one off call from your Auto Ins. Co's?

"Insurance," by definition is 'laying off risk.' You pay, don't work out so good (shxt happens) and they pay. Their game is far more than not, will not.

TMI, but one of my Master Degrees is in 'Statics.' You read the 'numbers' and saw well???? The only thing you can't bet against is Mom Nature. She will screw you over every time.

So, you just don't offer that kind of coverage there? An example of that is 'wind damage.' How do you define that in the policy? On the Florida Coast one way, in Oregon quite another. Years back I had one of those for the roof of the vineyard storage shed (not the correct word, just a roof covering the tractors/fork lifts). USAA didn't blink sending out one of their contractors to replace same.

Weather was attrochs (sp?) as the crew was working/replacing same. Activated the adjoining building (heat, hot water-showers, coffee pot, pottie, etc). Watching these poor guys working to replace and 'every thing' above went active ASAP.

Fired up the fork lift to move the allie roof sheets (you had to see what these guys had to do to get one on the replacement roof!!) and there was 'Joy.' Done and I chucked them dry coveralls while their clothing was in the driers (equipment shed and house) and fed them a huge meal.

Heard back a couple months later the bill to USAA was close to zero;l just materials.

"Pass it forward?"