View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 08:24 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Swaps for the New Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by s fontinalis View Post
whats the situation with new swaps coming up since the dry fly is almost completed.
Are we gonna start another swap?

There was mention of a midge swap a while back which i offered to host, seems pertinent to the time of year.

BUT!!
Lets set the deadline shorter than 4 weeks from the start date, seems there is a lot of interest in swaps again. Either that, or start a couple concurrent swaps.

Finally, i'd like to throw in the idea of a caddis pupa swap. Caddis pupa only.
As soon as Allan has the flies all in........... 'dean_mt'' aka John, will post up another. As soon as that is filled and the tiers are sending in flies, 'Watson' will post and run another one. Once that one has started / filled up, You are welcome to post a Caddis pupa swap.

On running a bunch concurrently; this is where our swaps went off track. Too many swaps, no one watching to be sure people actually turned in the flies, etc.

Another thing that happened was we had members sign on to 2 or 3 swaps at once and then hold up the entire process because they had not tied any flies by the deadline.

The current swap 'dry flies' that Allan hosted will finish in time but if you try to shorten the deadline you may find people not having the flies in on time.

I really like the idea of knowing a fly swap is going as agreed to by everyone involved before I see 2 more start up. It's easy to say, "that sounds cool count me in" but it seems that even if there are 4 or 5 weeks to get the flies made and mailed it's still close at the end.

Let's let John (dean_mt) get his swap posted and filled then move from there please.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;