View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 04:06 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ever had a really one off call from your Auto Ins. Co's?

Ouch! That sounds brutal. I have been really lucky. Had some really close ones but managed to sneak out of them. The one that would have been the worst if we had been involved in it was in Oceanside California when I was still married to Jabba the Ex. (She was still skinny at this point ) We were headed home and she was driving. It was rush hour and other than the turn off lanes the traffic was going pretty fast. 65ish. A guy setting still in the turn off lane next to last exit into Oceanside, driving an 18 wheeler hauling Gas, decides he has set there long enough. He pulls right in front of the oncoming traffic. A guy in a pickup that had oversized tires and was jacked off the ground where he must have needed a damn step stool for getting the wife in, turns hard for the fast side of the highway and rolls up on two tires then starts to spin. Cars start hitting each other all over the place. I look past the wife and see the truck has spun into the fast lane and is pointing the wrong way, just in time to get hit head on. I'll bet in under 10 seconds there were 15 cars in that accident. The only two I saw miss all of it was the idiot that started it and us. She wheeled right through the whole mess like Mario Andretti and never got so much as a scratch on the car. What an ugly pile up it was though. We got the plate number from the truck and went straight to CHP office in Oceanside and told them he would be coming out the other side of Camp Pendleton shortly. It's a wonder someone didn't get killed in that mess. It was also a testiment to how badly a truck handles when you jack them up off the ground an extra three friggin feet.