Thread: Nymph Box
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 08:31 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nymph Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
I think you're current list is complete for 95% of your nymphing needs. GRHE and BHHE in a variety of sizes and the colors you've listed will cover the flat crawler mayfly nymphs and the black is good for stoneflies, which are always present as they have 2-3 year life cycles. The PT's in the colors you have imitate BWO/Baetis nymphs, another very adundant food in nearly all trout streams. Along with the CJs, brassies, and zebra midges I think you are nearly covered. Add a selection of caddis pupa and you are set! If you fish rivers with large stoneflies then tie up some rubber legs, double bead stones, or squirrel tails in dark colors.

Really, your inventory is complete in my opinion.
Agreed, he's got a pretty solid inventory to start with.