Thread: Caddidflies
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 12:10 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Caddidflies

LOL! Boy did he ever think outside the box.

In one of the seminars he spoke of an actively feeding fish that he cast to several times, the fish wouldn't take his offering, he thought about what changes he could make, smaller tippet? different fly? No.....he decided to cast the fly just beyond the fish to his "other eye" thinking maybe it would look different enough that the fish would eat.....it worked!

I also remember he spoke of saving his Christmas Tree, putting a base on it and using it as a 'blind' when he'd fish his local lakes for fish cruising the edges. He was able to move from spot to spot in search of cruisers, apparently the fish thought a tree just sprung up and didn't think twice about it.

He truly was one of a kind.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*